Monday, October 20, 2008

My Wife Has a Phobia

That's right, I said it! Happy now? My wife has a phobia of public bathrooms. (And yes, she gave me permission to blog about this). She simply does not warm to the idea of using public facilities and would choose to be uncomfortable while delaying the inevitable and dashing home. She has willpower if nothing else.


I find this interesting, because my personal philosophy is, "If you gotta go, you gotta go." I don't care if it's at Wal-Mart, Church, Lowe's or at the mall. I'm not going to punish myself by not going. I do occasionally draw a line when it comes to bathrooms at most Chinese restaurants, and certainly gas stations are a no-no because of the general filth that I tend to find in those bathrooms 9 out of 10 times. When determining if a bathroom is safe for use, I generally walk in and see if there is soap. If there is no soap or the bathroom is unsanitary (I don't have to break it down for everyone) I walk right out because it tells me the proprietor does not care about providing a clean bathroom for customers and may not care about health regulations either. But in general in an emergency, I certainly am going to make use of what is available.

http://www.fortunestarchinese.net/image/2220124.jpeg

Now, I do have to talk about my favorite bathrooms. There are a few places where I actually enjoy visiting the men's room just for kicks. No, not Larry Craig kind of kicks, no sir. But I enjoy bathrooms like the one at Lee Roy Selmon's restaurant which has nice soft towels, Yardley's soap, mouthwash, and the like. You know what I talking about! There are also some other spots such as several at the swank International Mall where you walk in, are greeted by an attendant who hands you a warm cloth to wash your face, and there is a nice assortment of manly perfumes, gum, candy, lotion, etc on the counter. Just tip the attendee, and he'll remember and look out for you. And there ain't nothing wrong with that.
http://www.813area.com/images/neighborhoods/813/westshore/1.jpg

Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok Keto where is the attendant at international mall. This is Tamiko from 3D Eyewear and as you know I frequent alllllll malls all over even St Pete just because. Attendant with wet cloths. I missed that. I usually am bold enough to go into the mens rooms when the womens room has a line. How don't make me go to meet your this attendant. Oh I know you have your own. You are big time now.... lol I love ya my God brother...Hi Sherrie God Sis