Saturday, August 1, 2009

Selected Blog Topic: How to Post YouTube Videos to Facebook

This week a colleague of mine asked me, "Kéto, how can I post YouTube videos to my Facebook page the way you do?" Since I enjoy sharing any technical advice I have with friends, I figured I would blog this as my "Selected Blog Topic" for the week. There are 3 ways to post your YouTube videos on Facebook.

1) Easy Way: Grab (Select & copy) the video URL (direct link) from the browser address bar or the "URL" bar to the right of the video.
Paste URL into the comment bar on your Facebook page, and the comment will automatically format itself w/image & description.
Select "Share"

OR

2) Below the video, Select "Share" --> Select "Facebook"--> A popup will appear. Enter a message if you like. --> Click "Share" at bottom of popup. You're done!
Add Image
OR

3) If you have your own YouTube channel (as I have-- www.youtube.com/ketonh), you can upload a video by navigating to the "My Account --> My Video's page (http://www.youtube.com/my_videos)"

Select "New" button at top left (http://www.youtube.com/my_videos_upload)--> Select "Video Upload"--> Now you'll see "Autoshare Options" below the "Press "Upload Video" to select and upload a video file." area. Facebook, Twitter & Google Reader are listed. Selecting those links and entering your account info for those services will allow Youtube to automatically upload notification of your new videos to those services everytime you upload a new video.

That's it, you're done!

1 comment:

adidasi said...

i try to undearstand your blog
is not easy for me
sorry to say that