Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Great Blog of Kéto Celebrates & Thanks 1,000+ Readers!

This week, The Great Blog of Kéto (TGBoK) celebrated a pretty cool milestone! On Wednesday, we reached and then passed 1,000 readers from around the globe. So this blog is just a little note to thank my readers from all over the world, who have made this blogging adventure worthwhile for me. I started this blog on Google's Blogger on August 20, 2008 for the love of writing, and can say that it is now one of my favorite past times. At this point, I'm not doing this for money, but I believe I have something to say particularly on politics and social issues in our modern world. Thanks to those who continue to logon from South America to China and of course those who leave comments, forward TGBoK to friends, and link to The Great Blog of Kéto on their websites.

As a part of my day-to-day professional work for Claris Law, LLC and InjuryBoard.com I train hundreds of attorneys (primarily personal injury) around the United States including Alaska and Hawaii on how to use blogging to strategically enhance marketing of their firms. So one day I figured, "Hey if I can teach this stuff, and I'm being told I do a pretty good job of getting many un-tech savvy professionals to understand this Web 2.0 technology, then why shouldn't I do it myself?"

Big thanks to readers from all of the beautiful world who continue to check out this blog. These readers come from the following list of countries (list current as of 12/4/08):
United States (US)
--The majority of TGBoK readers are from the US. | Canada (CA) | Germany (DE) | France (FR) | United Kingdom (GB) | Jamaica (JM) | Brazil (BR) | Finland (FI) | Netherlands (NL) | Portugal (PT)--Portugal was the first country to logon following the U.S.! | India (IN) | Poland (PL) | Slovenia (SI) | Australia (AU) | Indonesia (ID) | Spain (ES)--Oh man, I just missed the chance to study abroad in Spain, France & Wales during my MBA studies. I hope to make it to those places some day. | Israel (IL) | Belgium (BE) | Philippines (PH) | Italy (IT) | Slovakia (SK) | Latvia (LV) | Sweden (SE) | Ireland (IE) | Turkey (TR) | Europe (EU) | Switzerland | (CH) | Romania (RO) | Pakistan (PK)--Wow, it's pretty cool to have readers in Pakistan! | Cote D'Ivoire (CI)--I earned my MBA with fellow French-speaking students who now live in Ivory Coast. | Sri Lanka (LK) | Trinidad and Tobago (TT)--The Caribbean definitely represents! | Malaysia (MY) | Uganda (UG) | Chile (CL) | Tanzania, United Republic of (TZ) | Djibouti (DJ) | Thailand (TH)--one of my friends, model & reality TV star is waiting to go back home to Siam. | China (CN)--Certainly the largest country to check out TGBoK. Thank you! | Malta (MT) | Korea, Republic of (KR) | Algeria (DZ) | Bahrain (BH) | Dominica (DM) | Dominican Republic (DO)--Nice to see the next door neighbor of my home country of Haiti! | Greece (GR).

Here are a couple more places where you can check out more information on
The Great Blog of Kéto:

  • Facebook Groups: The Facebook Group I launched to promote TGBoK to my FB friends. I update it frequently with pictures and a link to each blog post. A good number of friends have joined this page and it allows for interacting by uploading pictures, posing discussion topics, and communicating with this blogger and other group members.
  • Facebook Blog Networks: A Facebook Blog I started in September to promote TGBoK to other FB bloggers and members. I update this page weekly with new posts, but the fb app only allows 3 blog post feeds per week, so it's usefulness is somewhat limited.
  • Twitter: Combined tweeting for Kéto & TGBoK
  • Technorati: One of the best known Internet blog directories. Allows exposure for TGBoK to millions of bloggers and readers the world over. A good place to list and burn one's blog feed.
  • BlogCatalog: One of my preferred Internet blog directories which lists feeds from TGBoK. Also a great place to keep up with my communities such as what's happening with me on last.fm, del.icio.us, youtube, and more.
  • Other directories: You can also navigate the left panel of The Great Blog of Kéto for other directories and listings such as Syndic8 which I ping regularly as I update TGBoK.

No comments: